Tips to Keep your Home Furniture Like New
Furniture plays an important role in enhancing the beauty of your home. Therefore, you should take care of your home furniture properly, as it is also an expensive investment. If we take proper care of the furniture, it will look like new for long, as well as serve you for an enduring period of time. To assist in maintaining your home furniture, there are some dos and don’ts that you should know. Some of these include:
- Placing cups of tea and drink directly on the table may leave a mark on the table or in other words, it may stain the table. Remember, not all stains are easy to remove and may need that you scrub the furniture to remove them and this may damage the furniture. You should use coasters to prevent stains or marks. They can increase the life of the furniture and help you maintain its aesthetics.
- Prevent your leather furniture from sun light. Direct sun light may fade out their color. So make sure that your windows have blinds, shutters or curtains to obstruct sunlight from entering your living room.
- Avoid dusting your home furniture as it can decrease their life. You should use upholstery fabrics to protect your furniture from dirt and dust. Upholstery will also add to the beauty of the furniture.
- Avoid keeping shoes on the furniture. Advise your friends and family to leave shoes at the shoe rack. Teach kids to take care of home furniture from an early age. You should train them to keep their shoes off the furniture. Shoes leave dirt marks that are difficult to clean. Removal of such stains is not only time consuming, but also decreases the beauty of furniture.
- Call pest control services every few months. This will help you prevent and eliminate dust mites and bed bugs which can harm your furniture.
- Whenever something spills on your furniture, clean it off immediately. The spills can affect the beauty of your furniture.
- Avoid dragging furniture; it can affect both the aesthetics as well as life of the furniture. Consider using bumpers before dragging to prevent damage to both the furniture as well as the floor.
It is essential to take care of your home furniture as it can help you save handsome amount of your money on replacements and repairs. By taking utmost care of your furniture, you can get a better service from your home furniture. So, treat your important investment right to keep it look like new for long.